While we eagerly await the return of in-person gatherings, we are excited to share these virtual events and experiences! For more events from self-advocate groups and others, you can visit CoMakeDo or the Calendar for Connection.
- This event has passed.
CREATE Arts Festival – Mixed Media with Alternative Creations Studio
August 21 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Suitable for adults 16+ with Diversabilities, participants must be independent or bring support to take part in this workshop. In this workshop participants will work with mesh fabric and plaster over an up-cycled frame to create their own abstract piece. Each participant will have a choice of creating a sculpture or hanging piece. All you need is an open mind and creativity. This is a free workshop, but as capacity is limited, participants must register for the workshop.
- Workshops times: 10am, 1pm and 4pm
- Location: Woodland Park (705 Woodland Dr, Vancouver)
- Workshop Length: 90 minutes
- All materials provided for each workshop! Just bring yourself and ideas (except where noted)
- All workshops are suitable for beginners and up
- All workshops will be operated under current public health guidelines