Get Started

posAbilities offers a wide range of government funded support services for persons who have developmental disabilities. Knowing what services are available, who to contact and how to begin services can be quite a journey. Contact us if you need more information or a hand with the steps involved. We’re here to help.

Begin with a quick visit to our programs and services overview section and contact us if you would like more information:

  • Behaviour Consultation
  • Community Inclusion
  • Employment
  • Home Living

To request our services, choose a path:

Government referral

Most of our programs can be accessed through government referral. Government funded services are subject to determining the eligibility of the individual and their disability related support needs.

Referrals for adults who are 19 years of age or older, are provided by Facilitators who work for Community Living BC (CLBC).

Referrals for children up to the age of 18 years old, are provided by Social Workers with the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD).

For specific questions about eligibility, funding and requirements for accessing government funded services, please contact the appropriate local or regional office:

  1. Adult Community Living:
  2. Children with Special Needs:
  3. You may also call Enquiry BC to be connected to any provincial ministry or government agency:
    • In Victoria call: 250-387-6121
    • In Vancouver call: 604-660-2421
    • Elsewhere in B.C. call: 1-800-663-7867
    • Outside B.C. call: 604-660-2421
    • E-mail address:

There is no charge for our government funded services.

Please see the ‘self-referral’ section if you are interested in learning more about our fee for service options.

Self-referral (fee-for-service)

posAbilities Employment Service and Laurel Behaviour Support Services also offer a self-referral option to assist families and individuals meet their unique support needs in a timely way.

Typically, this would include individuals who need additional support though may not qualify for government funded services; or those who do not wish to wait for a government referral.

Contact us to learn more about this service delivery option.